Amir Khusro : Ab’ul Hasan Yāmīn al-Dīn Khusro (1253-1325 CE), better known as Amir Khusro Dehlavi or Amir Khusraw Balkhi in Afghanistan and Iran (in Persian ), is one of the iconic figures in the cultural history of the Indian subcontinent. A Sufi mystic and a spiritual disciple of Nizamuddin Auliya of Delhi, Amir Khusro (or Khusrau or Khusraw) was not only one of India’s greatest poets, he is also credited with being the founder of both Hindustani classical music and Qawwali (the devotional music of the Sufis). He was born of a Turkish father, Saif Ad-din, and an Indian mother, in India. (from the Aulia e Hind website)Continue reading
More to come, please come back again!
RecommendedClick on the picture to go to Fons Vitae to order this book.
- Hajj perspective – #1 – Unity July 13, 2020
- 19th Dhu’l Qa’ada Urs Hazrat Dr. Zahurul Hassan Sharib, Gudri Shah Baba IV, 1996CE July 10, 2020
- 16th Dhu’l Qa’ada Urs Banda Nawaz Gesu Daraz – Gulbargah AP 825AH/1422CE July 7, 2020
- July 5 Birthday Hazrat Pir-o-Murshid Inayat Khan (ra) July 5, 2020
- 12th Dhu’l Qa’ada Urs Shah Nizamuddin Aurangabadi (ra), Aurangabad, 1142AH/1730CE July 3, 2020