More to come, please come back again!
RecommendedClick on the picture to go to Amazon to order this book.
- Sufi shrines in the wraps of Delhi February 18, 2020
- The musical, ecstatic devotion of 'Sufi queen' Abida Parveen February 18, 2020
- In pictures: The Sufi ‘Nuba’ ceremony in Sudan February 16, 2020
- 22nd Jumada ath-Thani Urs Hazrat Abu Baqr Sidiqqi (ra), Medina, 634CE February 16, 2020
- 20th Jumada ath Thani Birth Bibi Fatima, Mecca, Saudi Arabia, 18AH February 14, 2020
Category Archives: Uncategorized
The city of Delhi wrapped in many historical shrines across the town unfolds an epic saga about them. The monuments and mausoleums still stand the test of time offering their testimony through different eras. Source: Sufi shrines in the wraps … Continue reading
An interview with Abida Parveen, one of the most famous singers you’ve probably never heard of, is almost like a sermon. The 65-year-old’s voice fills the room, her gestures embrace her questioners. Read more – https://www.smh.com.au/culture/music/the-musical-ecstatic-devotion-of-sufi-queen-abida-parveen-20200218-p541ui.html
Rituals of Sufi orders worldwide are shaped by the environment in which they emerged. In Sudan, the Hamed el Nil is one of the most famous and well-attended rituals with people gathering from around the world to join this weekly … Continue reading
Artistes unite in celebration of Sufi thought and poetry across regions and religions at a three-day festival Source: A Sufi state of mind
Hazrat Pir-o-Murshid Inayat Khan, a brilliant Indian musician, came to the West in 1910 at the behest of his Sufi teacher, Sayyed Muhammad Abu Hashim Madani, who charged him with a mission: to harmonize East and West with the music … Continue reading