More to come, please come back again!
RecommendedClick on the picture to go to Amazon to order this book.
- 17th Muharram Urs Ghulam Qutb al-Din, Lahore, Pakistan,1210CE September 17, 2019
- 17th Muharram Urs Shah Mohammed Afaq Delvi, Delhi September 17, 2019
- 14th Muharram Urs Hazrat Khwaja Mumshad Dinawari, Dinawar, Iraq, 299AH/911CE September 14, 2019
- 13th September Hejirat Day – 1910CE September 13, 2019
- 13th September Urs of Noor-un-Nisa Inayat Khan, d. Dachau, Germany, 1944 September 13, 2019
Category Archives: Sufi Urs and Event Dates
Shah Mohammed Afaq Delvi was a Naqshabandi sheikh and his dargha is near Pul Bangash Metro Station On Roshan Aaraa Road Delhi.
Qutb-ud-din Aibak (Arabic: قطب الدين أيبك, Persian: قطب الدین ایبک; lit. “Axis of the Faith”) was a Turkic king of Northwest India who ruled from his capital in Delhi where he built the Qutub Minar and the Quwwat Al Islam mosque. He was of Turkic descent from central Asia(modern day … Continue reading
Mumshad Dinwari, or Karimuddin Mun’im, was an early Sufi saint, a successor to Abu Hubairah Basri, seventh link in the Sufi silsilah of the Chishti Order, and the Master of Abu Ishaq Shami. There seem to be many versions of … Continue reading
When Inayat Khan came to the West — from his perspective we might call it “the mysterious West” — in 1910, he brought with him the traditions of the Sufi schools of India and Central Asia. He came with the … Continue reading
This information is taken from the Inayati Order Website (www.inayatiorder.org) Noor-un-nisa Inayat Khan was the first child of Pir-o-Murshid Inayat Khan and his American wife, Amina Begum (nee Ora Ray Baker). With the genetic heritage of Eastern and Western Mystics, … Continue reading