More to come, please come back again!
Recommended Book Of The Month
- The Sufi Route 2017: Folk, poetry, music festival to be held at Qutub Minar; headlined by AR Rahman October 19, 2017
- 29th Muharram Urs Hazrat Shah Wali Ullah, New Delhi 1176AH/1762CE October 19, 2017
- 27th Muharram Urs Ashraf Jahangir Samnani, Kachocha Sharif, UP 808AH October 17, 2017
- 26th Muharram Urs Taj Uddin Baba ( Nagpur) October 16, 2017
- Oct 10 Urs of Dr. Javad Nurbakhsh, Oxfordshire, Great Britain, 2008CE October 10, 2017
Category Archives: Reviews – Books, Music, Movies, Art, Etc.
To be held at the Qutub Minar in Delhi on 18 November, The Sufi Route pays homage to the ancient roots of Sufi, folk and poetry. Bringing an authentic version of the genre to the stage are the event’s promoters … Continue reading
From the Fall 2017 issue of Classical Guitar | BY JASON WEBSTER In his groundbreaking book The Sufis (1964), Sufism authority Idries Shah mentions several Western cultural phenomena which were influenced or inspired by that mystical current of Islam. They include … Continue reading
A project from Maryam Qadri – one of our friends and subscribers! Now Seeking Community Support via Kickstarter, The Project will Translate a Work on Sufism by the Renowned French Woman Mystic, Murshida Lucy Goodenough!Renowned author, publisher, blogger and poetess, … Continue reading
Meenakshi Sinha, TNN Oct 3, 2013, 08.46PM IST NEW DELHI: Sanam Marvi, 27, is a popular Pakistani folk and Sufi singer who sings in Punjabi and Sindhi. Born in Hyderabad in a Muslim Sindhi family, she learnt her music from her … Continue reading
By Mavra Bari Published: May 13, 2012 Sufi poetry interpreted through a combination of violin and tabla. PHOTO: AFP ISLAMABAD: Famous violin virtuoso Ustad Raees Khan, accompanied by tabla nawaz Ejaz Hussain, mesmerised audience at Nescom on Friday by making … Continue reading