More to come, please come back again!
RecommendedClick on the picture to go to Amazon to order this book.
- Sufi shrines in the wraps of Delhi February 18, 2020
- The musical, ecstatic devotion of 'Sufi queen' Abida Parveen February 18, 2020
- In pictures: The Sufi ‘Nuba’ ceremony in Sudan February 16, 2020
- 22nd Jumada ath-Thani Urs Hazrat Abu Baqr Sidiqqi (ra), Medina, 634CE February 16, 2020
- 20th Jumada ath Thani Birth Bibi Fatima, Mecca, Saudi Arabia, 18AH February 14, 2020
Category Archives: Books, Music, Movies, Art, Etc.
An interview with Abida Parveen, one of the most famous singers you’ve probably never heard of, is almost like a sermon. The 65-year-old’s voice fills the room, her gestures embrace her questioners. Read more – https://www.smh.com.au/culture/music/the-musical-ecstatic-devotion-of-sufi-queen-abida-parveen-20200218-p541ui.html
Rituals of Sufi orders worldwide are shaped by the environment in which they emerged. In Sudan, the Hamed el Nil is one of the most famous and well-attended rituals with people gathering from around the world to join this weekly … Continue reading
Artistes unite in celebration of Sufi thought and poetry across regions and religions at a three-day festival Source: A Sufi state of mind
If words come out of the heart they enter the heart. If they come out from the tongue, they do not pass beyond the ears” goes a Sufi saying and Sufi music seeking to discover truth by deepening one’s relationship … Continue reading