More to come, please come back again!
- 7th Rabi ul Awwal Urs Miyan Mir – 1045AH/1635CE November 15, 2018
- Huge crowds converge in Senegal’s holy city for Sufi pilgrimage – Art & Culture – The Jakarta Post November 12, 2018
- 1st Rabi ul Awwal Urs Hazrat Mohammad Mustafa (saw), Madina 11AH/632CE November 9, 2018
- 28th Safar Urs Hazrat Ahmed Mujaddid Alif Sani, Sirhind, 1034AH/1624CE November 6, 2018
- 28th Safar Urs Hazrat Imam Hassan, Medina, 50AH/670CE November 6, 2018
Author Archives: Imam Salim Chishti
Baba Sain Mir Mohammed Sahib (c. 1550 – 11 August 1635CE/1045AH), popularly known as Mian Mir, was a famous Sufi saint who resided in Lahore, specifically in the town of Dharampura (in present-day Pakistan). He belonged to the Qadiri order of Sufism. He is famous for being a spiritual instructor of Dara Shikoh, the eldest son of Mughal emperor Shah Jahan. He is identified as the founder of the Mian Khail branch of the Qadiri order. Continue reading
Hundreds of thousands of men, women and children converged on Senegal’s holy city of Touba on Sunday for the Grand Magal, a traditional annual march and biggest celebration of the Mouride Brotherhood, a Sufi Islamic order.
Muḥammad ibn ʿAbd Allāh Rasul Allah (saw) was the seal of the prophets, the final revelation from the one God. During his lifetime he was a religious, political, and military leader originally from Mecca who unified Arabia into a single … Continue reading
Imam-e-Rabbani Hazrat Mujaddid Alif Sa’ani Sheikh Ahmad Sirhindi (1564–1624) was an Indian Islamic Scholor from Punjab, a Hanafi jurist, and a prominent member of the Naqshbandi Sufi order. He is described as Mujaddid Alf Thani, meaning the “reviver of the second … Continue reading
Al-Hasan ibn ‘Alī ibn Abī Tālib is an important figure in Islam, the son of Fatimah the daughter of the Islamic prophet Muhammad, and of the fourth Caliph Ali ibn Abi Talib. Hasan is a member of the Ahl al-Bayt … Continue reading