Bahraich is very famous because of the Dargah of Hazrat Ghazi Saiyyad Salar Masud, a famous eleventh century Islamic saint and soldier. His Dargah is a place for reverence for Muslims and Hindus alike. It was built by Firoz Shah Tughlaq. It is believed that people taking bath in the water of this Dargah become free of all skin diseases. The annual festival (Urs) at the Dargah is attended by thousands of people coming from far-off places of the country.
More to come, please come back again!
- Islam: Containing Beauty and Joy | Daniel Thomas Dyer October 13, 2018
- 3rd Safar Urs Khwaja Dana, Surat, Gujrat, India October 13, 2018
- Oct 10 Urs of Dr. Javad Nurbakhsh, Oxfordshire, Great Britain, 2008CE October 11, 2018
- 29th Muharram Urs Hazrat Shah Wali Ullah, New Delhi 1176AH/1762CE October 9, 2018
- Finding The Lost Meaning Of Sufism | Feature | Kashmir Observer October 7, 2018