Narrated Al-Ma’rur: At Ar-Rabadha I met Abu Dhar who was wearing a cloak, and his slave, too, was wearing a similar one. I asked about the reason for it. He replied, “I abused a person by calling his mother with bad names.” The Prophet said to me, ‘O Abu Dhar! Did you abuse him by calling his mother with bad names You still have some characteristics of ignorance. Your slaves are your brothers and Allah has put them under your command. So whoever has a brother under his command should feed him of what he eats and dress him of what he wears. Do not ask them (slaves) to do things beyond their capacity (power) and if you do so, then help them.’ ”
More to come, please come back again!
Recommended Book of the Month
- 5th Muharram Urs Fariduddin Ganj-I Shakkar Pakpattan, Pakistan, 664AH/1265CE September 25, 2017
- 5th Muharram Urs Hazrat Fuzail bin Iyaz (87 H./705 AD) September 25, 2017
- Mystic Mantra: The mingling of two oceans September 24, 2017
- 4th Muharram Urs Hazrat Hassan Basri, Basra, Iraq, 728CE/110AH September 24, 2017
- 2nd Muharram Urs Hazrat Maroof Karkhi, Baghdad, 815CE/200AH September 22, 2017