Narrated Sa’d: Allah’s Apostle distributed (Zakat) amongst (a group of) people while I was sitting there but Allah’s Apostle left a man whom I thought the best of the lot. I asked, “O Allah’s Apostle! Why have you left that person? By Allah I regard him as a faithful believer.” The Prophet commented: “Or merely a Muslim.” I remained quiet for a while, but could not help repeating my question because of what I knew about him. And then asked Allah’s Apostle, “Why have you left so and so? By Allah! He is a faithful believer.” The Prophet again said, “Or merely a Muslim.” And I could not help repeating my question because of what I knew about him. Then the Prophet said, “O Sa’d! I give to a person while another is dearer to me, for fear that he might be thrown on his face in the Fire by Allah.”
More to come, please come back again!
Recommended Book of the Month
- 5th Muharram Urs Fariduddin Ganj-I Shakkar Pakpattan, Pakistan, 664AH/1265CE September 25, 2017
- 5th Muharram Urs Hazrat Fuzail bin Iyaz (87 H./705 AD) September 25, 2017
- Mystic Mantra: The mingling of two oceans September 24, 2017
- 4th Muharram Urs Hazrat Hassan Basri, Basra, Iraq, 728CE/110AH September 24, 2017
- 2nd Muharram Urs Hazrat Maroof Karkhi, Baghdad, 815CE/200AH September 22, 2017