The red brick walk outlines the quintessential suburban comforts – it passes a Honda Pilot in the driveway, winds through a manicured lawn, and ends at the white columned entrance to the Malik family’s spacious newly built home.
But, says Salman Malik, who immigrated to the United States from Pakistan at age 9, there’s something missing: “In the US, Muslim kids are in trouble [because] they lack role models and institutions.”
And here, on the outskirts of Manchester, N.H., it’s far from any Muslim community; a fledgling mosque is under construction, but it’s a small institution without many services. So Mr. Malik and his wife, Romana, “have to step in to fill that void,” he says. “We have no choice. Their [Muslim] identity is very important to us. We want to make sure they know who they are.”
More to come, please come back again!
RecommendedClick on the picture to go to Amazon to order this book.
- 5th Shaban Urs Hazrat Khwaja Fakhruddin (ra) Abul Kher- Sarwar, Rajasthan 661 H March 30, 2020
- 3 Sha'ban 1441AH Kutbah (March 27, 2020CE) March 27, 2020
- Preparing for Ramadhan – Sha’ban 1 March 24, 2020
- 27 Rajab Urs Hazat Junaid Baghdadi, Baghdad, 297or 298AH March 22, 2020
- Lailat ul Miraj Mubarak! March 20, 2020