The red brick walk outlines the quintessential suburban comforts – it passes a Honda Pilot in the driveway, winds through a manicured lawn, and ends at the white columned entrance to the Malik family’s spacious newly built home.
But, says Salman Malik, who immigrated to the United States from Pakistan at age 9, there’s something missing: “In the US, Muslim kids are in trouble [because] they lack role models and institutions.”
And here, on the outskirts of Manchester, N.H., it’s far from any Muslim community; a fledgling mosque is under construction, but it’s a small institution without many services. So Mr. Malik and his wife, Romana, “have to step in to fill that void,” he says. “We have no choice. Their [Muslim] identity is very important to us. We want to make sure they know who they are.”
More to come, please come back again!
RecommendedClick on the picture to go to Fons Vitae to order this book.
- 11th Safar Urs Salman Farsi, Ctesiphon, Al-Mada’in Iraq 44AH/664CE September 28, 2020
- 9th Safar Urs Syed Shah Amir Abul ullah, Agra, 1061AH/1651CE September 28, 2020
- 7th Safar Urs Mohammed Suleman, Taunsa Sharif, Pakistan 1267AH/1850CE September 24, 2020
- 1st Safar Urs Waris Ali Shah, Deva Sharif, 1323AH/1905CE) September 21, 2020
- 3rd Safar Urs Khwaja Dana, Surat, Gujrat, India September 21, 2020