The red brick walk outlines the quintessential suburban comforts – it passes a Honda Pilot in the driveway, winds through a manicured lawn, and ends at the white columned entrance to the Malik family’s spacious newly built home.
But, says Salman Malik, who immigrated to the United States from Pakistan at age 9, there’s something missing: “In the US, Muslim kids are in trouble [because] they lack role models and institutions.”
And here, on the outskirts of Manchester, N.H., it’s far from any Muslim community; a fledgling mosque is under construction, but it’s a small institution without many services. So Mr. Malik and his wife, Romana, “have to step in to fill that void,” he says. “We have no choice. Their [Muslim] identity is very important to us. We want to make sure they know who they are.”
More to come, please come back again!
- 10th Muharram Urs Mirza Jan e Jana, Delhi 1195AH/1780CE September 20, 2018
- Yawm Ashura’ September 20, 2018
- 10th Muharram Urs Hazrat Imam Hussain, Karbala, Iraq 61AH/680CE September 20, 2018
- Discourse – 9 Muharram 1440 September 19, 2018
- 5th Muharram Urs Hazrat Fuzail bin Iyaz (87 H./705 AD) September 15, 2018