The red brick walk outlines the quintessential suburban comforts – it passes a Honda Pilot in the driveway, winds through a manicured lawn, and ends at the white columned entrance to the Malik family’s spacious newly built home.
But, says Salman Malik, who immigrated to the United States from Pakistan at age 9, there’s something missing: “In the US, Muslim kids are in trouble [because] they lack role models and institutions.”
And here, on the outskirts of Manchester, N.H., it’s far from any Muslim community; a fledgling mosque is under construction, but it’s a small institution without many services. So Mr. Malik and his wife, Romana, “have to step in to fill that void,” he says. “We have no choice. Their [Muslim] identity is very important to us. We want to make sure they know who they are.”
More to come, please come back again!
RecommendedClick on the picture to go to Amazon to order this book.
- 8 December (CE calendar) Hazrat Muhammad Raheem Bawa Muhaiyaddeen, East Fallowfield, PA, 1986CE December 8, 2019
- 7th Rabbi ath- Thani Urs Khwaja Ghulam Farid, Mithan Kot, Pakistan, 1319AH/1901CE December 6, 2019
- 4th Rabbi ath-Thani Urs Hazrat Abu Yusuf Chishti, 459AH/1067CE December 2, 2019
- 29 November, Hazrat Khadim Hasan Gudri Shah Baba III, Usmani Chillah, Ajmer, 1970 November 29, 2019
- Thankfulness and Patience in Allah (swt) November 28, 2019