The red brick walk outlines the quintessential suburban comforts – it passes a Honda Pilot in the driveway, winds through a manicured lawn, and ends at the white columned entrance to the Malik family’s spacious newly built home.
But, says Salman Malik, who immigrated to the United States from Pakistan at age 9, there’s something missing: “In the US, Muslim kids are in trouble [because] they lack role models and institutions.”
And here, on the outskirts of Manchester, N.H., it’s far from any Muslim community; a fledgling mosque is under construction, but it’s a small institution without many services. So Mr. Malik and his wife, Romana, “have to step in to fill that void,” he says. “We have no choice. Their [Muslim] identity is very important to us. We want to make sure they know who they are.”
More to come, please come back again!
Recommended Book Of The Month
- 2018 06 22 Khutba – Sincerity June 22, 2018
- 7th Shawwal Urs Hazrat Hubairah Basri, 287AH/900 CE June 21, 2018
- 6th Shawwal Urs Hazrat Khwaja Usman e Haruni, d. Makkah, 617AH/1220CE, remains brought to Ajmer 1935CE June 20, 2018
- 19 June – Birthday Hazrat Pir Vilayat Inayat Khan (ra) June 19, 2018
- 17 June – Urs Hazrat Pir Vilayat Inayat Khan, Basti Hazrat Nizamuddin west, 2004CE June 17, 2018