Wishing all blessings on this most holy day of atonement. The ten days of awe in the Jewish tradition are a parallel with the first ten days of Muharram in Islam which also culminate on the tenth day, Ashura. Fasting on both Yom Kippur and Ashura is recommended. I celebrate the commonalities of our two great faiths! Shalom, Salaam.
More to come, please come back again!
Recommended Book Of The Month
- 2018 06 22 Khutba – Sincerity June 22, 2018
- 7th Shawwal Urs Hazrat Hubairah Basri, 287AH/900 CE June 21, 2018
- 6th Shawwal Urs Hazrat Khwaja Usman e Haruni, d. Makkah, 617AH/1220CE, remains brought to Ajmer 1935CE June 20, 2018
- 19 June – Birthday Hazrat Pir Vilayat Inayat Khan (ra) June 19, 2018
- 17 June – Urs Hazrat Pir Vilayat Inayat Khan, Basti Hazrat Nizamuddin west, 2004CE June 17, 2018