Wishing all blessings on this most holy day of atonement. The ten days of awe in the Jewish tradition are a parallel with the first ten days of Muharram in Islam which also culminate on the tenth day, Ashura. Fasting on both Yom Kippur and Ashura is recommended. I celebrate the commonalities of our two great faiths! Shalom, Salaam.
More to come, please come back again!
Recommended Book of the Month
- 5th Muharram Urs Fariduddin Ganj-I Shakkar Pakpattan, Pakistan, 664AH/1265CE September 25, 2017
- 5th Muharram Urs Hazrat Fuzail bin Iyaz (87 H./705 AD) September 25, 2017
- Mystic Mantra: The mingling of two oceans September 24, 2017
- 4th Muharram Urs Hazrat Hassan Basri, Basra, Iraq, 728CE/110AH September 24, 2017
- 2nd Muharram Urs Hazrat Maroof Karkhi, Baghdad, 815CE/200AH September 22, 2017