From childhood, Ibrahim Abdul-Matin was taught that “the Earth is a Mosque,” leading him to his belief that the planet is a sacred place where prayer and worship happen and therefore, we are responsible for protecting every aspect of it. You are invited to an interactive evening with the author of “Green Deen: What Islam Teaches About Protecting the Planet,” Ibrahim Abdul-Matin. The evening will include his story of becoming an environmental justice activist and organizer, discussion of Islamic scriptural passages that describe a faith-based mandate to protect the planet, role plays and story telling on how faith relates to waste, water, watts (energy), and food. Read more at the link below:
More to come, please come back again!
- 10th Muharram Urs Mirza Jan e Jana, Delhi 1195AH/1780CE September 20, 2018
- Yawm Ashura’ September 20, 2018
- 10th Muharram Urs Hazrat Imam Hussain, Karbala, Iraq 61AH/680CE September 20, 2018
- Discourse – 9 Muharram 1440 September 19, 2018
- 5th Muharram Urs Hazrat Fuzail bin Iyaz (87 H./705 AD) September 15, 2018