From childhood, Ibrahim Abdul-Matin was taught that “the Earth is a Mosque,” leading him to his belief that the planet is a sacred place where prayer and worship happen and therefore, we are responsible for protecting every aspect of it. You are invited to an interactive evening with the author of “Green Deen: What Islam Teaches About Protecting the Planet,” Ibrahim Abdul-Matin. The evening will include his story of becoming an environmental justice activist and organizer, discussion of Islamic scriptural passages that describe a faith-based mandate to protect the planet, role plays and story telling on how faith relates to waste, water, watts (energy), and food. Read more at the link below:
More to come, please come back again!
- 4th Rabbi ath-Thani Urs Hazrat Abu Yusuf Chishti, 459AH/1067CE December 11, 2018
- 8 December (CE calendar) Hazrat Muhammad Raheem Bawa Muhaiyaddeen, East Fallowfield, PA, 1986CE December 8, 2018
- 29th Rabi ul Awwal Urs Muhammad Chishti 1040AH/1630CE December 7, 2018
- A new play, ‘Christmas Mubarak,’ mixes Christian and Muslim stories of Jesus’ birth – Religion News Service December 6, 2018
- Why was medieval Islamic medicine important? December 5, 2018