From childhood, Ibrahim Abdul-Matin was taught that “the Earth is a Mosque,” leading him to his belief that the planet is a sacred place where prayer and worship happen and therefore, we are responsible for protecting every aspect of it. You are invited to an interactive evening with the author of “Green Deen: What Islam Teaches About Protecting the Planet,” Ibrahim Abdul-Matin. The evening will include his story of becoming an environmental justice activist and organizer, discussion of Islamic scriptural passages that describe a faith-based mandate to protect the planet, role plays and story telling on how faith relates to waste, water, watts (energy), and food. Read more at the link below:
More to come, please come back again!
Recommended about HajjClick on the picture to go to Amazon to order this book.
- 22 Dhul Hijjah Urs Khwaja Abudullah Ansari, Herat, Afghanistan, 481AH/1088CE August 23, 2019
- 19th August Urs of Joe Miller d. 1992CE August 19, 2019
- 17th Dhul Hijja Urs Khalif Hazrat Usman (Uthman) – Medina, 656CE August 18, 2019
- 15th August CE Assumption of Mary, Quds (Jerusalem) August 15, 2019
- 12th Dhul Hijjah Urs of Hazrat Ahmad Shah Maududi, Herat, Afghanistan, 2018CE/1439AH August 13, 2019