From childhood, Ibrahim Abdul-Matin was taught that “the Earth is a Mosque,” leading him to his belief that the planet is a sacred place where prayer and worship happen and therefore, we are responsible for protecting every aspect of it. You are invited to an interactive evening with the author of “Green Deen: What Islam Teaches About Protecting the Planet,” Ibrahim Abdul-Matin. The evening will include his story of becoming an environmental justice activist and organizer, discussion of Islamic scriptural passages that describe a faith-based mandate to protect the planet, role plays and story telling on how faith relates to waste, water, watts (energy), and food. Read more at the link below:
More to come, please come back again!
Recommended Book of the Month
- 2nd Muharram Urs Hazrat Maroof Karkhi, Baghdad, 815CE/200AH September 22, 2017
- Showing The Sufi Face of Lahore September 21, 2017
- 1st Muharram Urs Hazrat ‘Allama Pirzada Mawlana Chaman Qadri, Bundi, India, 1434AH/2012CE September 21, 2017
- 1 Muharram 1493 – Kul Am Wa Antum Bikhayr – Hijri New Year September 20, 2017
- 26th Dhul Hijja Urs Khalifa Hazrat Umar, Medina, 23AH/644CE September 17, 2017