From childhood, Ibrahim Abdul-Matin was taught that “the Earth is a Mosque,” leading him to his belief that the planet is a sacred place where prayer and worship happen and therefore, we are responsible for protecting every aspect of it. You are invited to an interactive evening with the author of “Green Deen: What Islam Teaches About Protecting the Planet,” Ibrahim Abdul-Matin. The evening will include his story of becoming an environmental justice activist and organizer, discussion of Islamic scriptural passages that describe a faith-based mandate to protect the planet, role plays and story telling on how faith relates to waste, water, watts (energy), and food. Read more at the link below:
More to come, please come back again!
- 16th Rajab Urs Rukn Uddin Abul Fateh – Multan, Pakistan 735AH/1334CE March 23, 2019
- An evening of Sufi and Qawwali music in Bengaluru March 22, 2019
- 13th Rajab Birthday Hazrat Ali (ra) March 20, 2019
- On the shootings in New Zealand Mosques March 16, 2019
- Preparing for Ramadan – Rajab 2 March 16, 2019