From childhood, Ibrahim Abdul-Matin was taught that “the Earth is a Mosque,” leading him to his belief that the planet is a sacred place where prayer and worship happen and therefore, we are responsible for protecting every aspect of it. You are invited to an interactive evening with the author of “Green Deen: What Islam Teaches About Protecting the Planet,” Ibrahim Abdul-Matin. The evening will include his story of becoming an environmental justice activist and organizer, discussion of Islamic scriptural passages that describe a faith-based mandate to protect the planet, role plays and story telling on how faith relates to waste, water, watts (energy), and food. Read more at the link below:
More to come, please come back again!
Recommended Book Of The Month
- Kosovo’s Sufi Dervish order celebrates the new year, spring March 24, 2018
- 6 Rajab Urs Hazrat Haji Sharif Zandani, Qunooh, Syria, 612AH/1215CE March 23, 2018
- 6 Rajab Urs Hazrat Khwaja Mu’in al-Din Chishti, Ajmer Sharif, India 633AH/1230CE March 23, 2018
- 1 Rajab Urs Hazrat Khwaja Maudood Chishti, Chisht, Afghanistan 527H/1133 AD March 18, 2018
- 1 Rajab Urs Hazrat Khwaja Abu Mohammad, 411H/1020 AD March 18, 2018