From childhood, Ibrahim Abdul-Matin was taught that “the Earth is a Mosque,” leading him to his belief that the planet is a sacred place where prayer and worship happen and therefore, we are responsible for protecting every aspect of it. You are invited to an interactive evening with the author of “Green Deen: What Islam Teaches About Protecting the Planet,” Ibrahim Abdul-Matin. The evening will include his story of becoming an environmental justice activist and organizer, discussion of Islamic scriptural passages that describe a faith-based mandate to protect the planet, role plays and story telling on how faith relates to waste, water, watts (energy), and food. Read more at the link below:
More to come, please come back again!
RecommendedClick on the picture to go to Amazon to order this book.
- 6th Shawwal Urs Hazrat Khwaja Usman e Haruni, d. Makkah, 617AH/1220CE, remains brought to Ajmer 1935CE May 29, 2020
- 5th Shawwal Urs Hazrat Abdur Raheem Shah, Qazi Gudri Shah Baba II, Ajmer, India, 1344AH May 28, 2020
- 1st Shawwal Urs Shah Abu Sa’id Delhvi, Delhi India 1250AH May 24, 2020
- 1 Shawwal Urs Ibrahim Adham Balkhi, Jableh, Syria, 161AH/790CE May 24, 2020
- Eid Mubarak! May 23, 2020