From childhood, Ibrahim Abdul-Matin was taught that “the Earth is a Mosque,” leading him to his belief that the planet is a sacred place where prayer and worship happen and therefore, we are responsible for protecting every aspect of it. You are invited to an interactive evening with the author of “Green Deen: What Islam Teaches About Protecting the Planet,” Ibrahim Abdul-Matin. The evening will include his story of becoming an environmental justice activist and organizer, discussion of Islamic scriptural passages that describe a faith-based mandate to protect the planet, role plays and story telling on how faith relates to waste, water, watts (energy), and food. Read more at the link below:
More to come, please come back again!
Recommended Book Of The Month
- 24th Rabi ul Awwal Urs Shah Kalim Allah Jahanabadi, Jammah Masjid, Delhi December 12, 2017
- 22nd Rabi ul Awwal Urs Molana Fazal ul Rehman Ganj Moradabadi, U.P. 1313AH December 10, 2017
- 21st Rabi ul Awwal Urs Abdul Haq Mohaddis Delhvi- Mehroli, New Delhi 1051AH December 9, 2017
- 21st Rabi ul Awwal Urs Pir Muhammad ul Hassan Jili ul Kaleemi, 1308AH/1890CE, Tolichowki, Hyderabad, India December 9, 2017
- 8 December (CE calendar) Hazrat Muhammad Raheem Bawa Muhaiyaddeen, East Fallowfield, PA, 1986CE December 8, 2017