From childhood, Ibrahim Abdul-Matin was taught that “the Earth is a Mosque,” leading him to his belief that the planet is a sacred place where prayer and worship happen and therefore, we are responsible for protecting every aspect of it. You are invited to an interactive evening with the author of “Green Deen: What Islam Teaches About Protecting the Planet,” Ibrahim Abdul-Matin. The evening will include his story of becoming an environmental justice activist and organizer, discussion of Islamic scriptural passages that describe a faith-based mandate to protect the planet, role plays and story telling on how faith relates to waste, water, watts (energy), and food. Read more at the link below:
More to come, please come back again!
Recommended Book Of The Month
- 6th Shawwal Urs Hazrat Khwaja Usman e Haruni, d. Makkah, 617AH/1220CE, remains brought to Ajmer 1935CE June 20, 2018
- 19 June – Birthday Hazrat Pir Vilayat Inayat Khan (ra) June 19, 2018
- 17 June – Urs Hazrat Pir Vilayat Inayat Khan, Basti Hazrat Nizamuddin west, 2004CE June 17, 2018
- 1st Shawwal Urs Shah Abu Sa’id Delhvi, Delhi India 1250AH June 15, 2018
- 1 Shawwal Urs Ibrahim Adham Balkhi, Jableh, Syria, 161AH/790CE June 15, 2018