From childhood, Ibrahim Abdul-Matin was taught that “the Earth is a Mosque,” leading him to his belief that the planet is a sacred place where prayer and worship happen and therefore, we are responsible for protecting every aspect of it. You are invited to an interactive evening with the author of “Green Deen: What Islam Teaches About Protecting the Planet,” Ibrahim Abdul-Matin. The evening will include his story of becoming an environmental justice activist and organizer, discussion of Islamic scriptural passages that describe a faith-based mandate to protect the planet, role plays and story telling on how faith relates to waste, water, watts (energy), and food. Read more at the link below:
More to come, please come back again!
RecommendedClick on the picture to go to Fons Vitae to order this book.
- 7th Rabi ul Awwal Urs Miyan Mir – 1045AH/1635CE October 24, 2020
- 1st Rabi ul Awwal Urs Hazrat Mohammad Mustafa (saw), Madina 11AH/632CE October 18, 2020
- 28th Safar Urs Hazrat Ahmed Mujaddid Alif Sani, Sirhind, 1034AH/1624CE October 15, 2020
- 28th Safar Urs Hazrat Imam Hassan, Medina, 50AH/670CE October 15, 2020
- 27th Safar Urs Hazrat Sheikh Muhammad Yahya Madani, Jannat al Baqi, Medina, Saudi Arabia1122AH/1689CE October 14, 2020